10 Things You Can't Do
Alright, "can't" is subjective but it's Wednesday! I'm only thinking about your emotional good health. Cut me a little slack and read on...
- Wait until it's too late. You know what I mean. Only you know when that is.
- Stop singing. Even if your baby isn't a baby anymore. There's something about singing. If you can talk, you can sing. Metallica, even.
- Postpone a love letter. Really. Just write one, send it, feel the love flow back to you and drink it in like a cold tonic on an August afternoon.
- Hesitate when the thought comes to you. I made my husband a promise early on; if I was thinking it, I'd say it...or text it, if I wasn't close. If the thought is there, it needs to be said.
- Say "I love you" too many times to your kids and partner. They need it. You need it. We need more love in the world. Just keep on giving this one out.
- Stop taking risks. We need the shining successes that come only after many risks have flopped already. So keep going, lady.
- Call your mother too much. Trust me, listen to Skoda, whatever, just don't wait on this one.
- Start the negative self-talk. Once it starts, it's hard to stop. Turn that shit on its head instead. Imagine every possible iteration of that nasty as glory, beauty and praise instead.
- Start any sentence with "when I retire...". 'Nuff said.
- Worry about other people's opinions. One of the original wise men* said, "Be Who You Are and say What You Feel. Those Who Mind, Don't Matter. Those Who Matter Don't Mind." It's quality, not quantity.
Thank you, as always, for reading. I appreciate you being here. Question: what would you add to this list?
*Dr. Seuss, who else?