Wanted: Folks Who Want to Make Better Decisions
I posted about this earlier this week on Facebook. What? You're not over there? Come on! Those peeps get all the first hand details, always...
Long before I was a trauma educator, before I even started working with survivors, I was a life coach who worked with individual clients and offered personal growth workshops. I designed a really cool values discovery tool about 15 years ago. In the years since, I have tweaked and used in different ways with clients and in support groups. In 2007, I offered an ebook with this tool. I still get a lot of requests for coaching. So earlier this year I decided to update and re-launch my values discovery tool. This summer, I am doing it! So now, I'm looking for testers for my newly updated personal values discovery book. If you are interested in being a tester, I ask that you read this entire post and follow directions at the bottom. Thanks!
This tool is ideal for people who:
- feel overwhelmed by choices;
- tend to doubt their decisions or second guess themselves;
- don’t do self-care well or for whom the idea of self-care feels foreign;
- struggle with feeling satisfied by their life;
- have a hard time prioritizing themselves.
If all of this seems like I'm reading your mind, you are an ideal tester!
If when reading the above you feel hesitant, like some of it applies or maybe it applies under certain circumstances, you are likely not an ideal tester. If none of this feels applicable, you are definitely not an ideal tester. You are the expert of you so I defer to you on whether or not you are an ideal tester. And, I really need folks who are ideal testers. And if you aren't sure, read the following bit:
This tool is not for you if you...
- are clear in your dreams/goals;
- make decisions easily and seldom doubt your choice;
- engage regularly in self-care;
- generally feel happy, satisfied and successful in your life
Here's a few more details:
Question #1: What is this book about?
The book is composed of a self-guided tool to help you discover your 5 personal values. It will also have a few values "success stories" from women who have been using their values (as discovered by their work with me, using this tool).
Question #2: What are values?
I define values as "a unique way of being or believing that you hold personally significant,"
Question #3: What do values do?
Values help us:
- make better decisions;
- care for ourselves better;
- respect ourselves as individuals worthy of love, attention and care.
You're here! Okay, please read the last few details, to learn more about what you can expect as a tester and what I need from you...
What you get from me:
- A PDF format (on Monday 7/24) that will contain:
- 5 different values discovery activities. They are self-directed but you can do any of them with a partner if you wish.
- Sample list of values.
- A blank page for the personal values you discover.
- Feedback forms; 1 per values activity + 1 final one.
What I need from you:
- You will send back to me your feedback forms, your page with your 4-5 values and at least 2 of the values discovery activities so I can see your thinking. These can be copied pages; you don’t have to send me back the original. I need back your documents back by end of day Monday September 4. They can be scanned and emailed to me or postal mailed. Whatever is easier for you.
- Confidentiality. You cannot share/sell/trade/give away any section of the PDF. It's my work. You can discuss what you're doing on the Facebook page.
What you need to know:
1. Plan on anywhere from 15-45 minutes per discovery.
2. You commit to doing 1 discovery per week.
3. You will get your PDF packet around July 24 and you have until September 1 to do them. That’s 6 weeks for 5 discoveries so you have an extra week if you need it.
4. You cannot copy/share/sell, etc. any part of the tester PDF…blank or completed. Again, it’s proprietary information that I developed.
5. Please know that I can't accept everyone as a tester, likely no more than 8-12 people.
6. If you do complete everything by September 1 and return to me as requested, I will give you a coupon code that you can share with anyone (or use yourself!) for 25% off the final product.
7. When you return your materials to me, you are giving me permission to use your language/writing/value. Your name will not be linked to your words, value, writing, language. To be clear: I will NOT use your name in any way.
If this all sounds interesting to you, please click here to complete the interest form. I will then follow up via email. Thank you so much for your interest!
Entry is closed at this time.
One last thing- the deadline to submit the above form is Wednesday July 19, 5:00 pm. EST.